Updates on LLC activities:
• Over the next several weeks, LLC representatives will visit member congregations in the 2014 LLC Update Tour. Delegates at recent annual meetings, as well as the LLC Board of Directors, have felt a congregation tour similar to what was done in 2007 would be beneficial. The tour’s purpose is to update members regarding the current work of the LLC Board and staff while also speaking about the increasing work and its challenges. Suggestions, comments, and questions are welcome. These sessions will be helpful when preparing for the July 5 LLC Annual Meeting. Please attend in your congregation!
• The LLC Ministers Camp will be held at Stony Lake Camp April 4–6. This camp is held every other year, alternating years with the LLC Board Members Workshop. The Ministers Camp will include sessions on “The Bible and the Servant of the Word” written by Tapio Holma and updates on the “Baptism” and “Burial of the Dead” sections of the Handbook of Sacred Acts. Related documents now available in electronic formats will be presented. Over 60 ministers are expected to attend.
• The LLC Board of Directors will meet again on April 12. Agenda items for the meeting include approving the LLC Annual Meeting Agenda and 2015 LLC Draft Operating Plan before they are sent to the congregations. This meeting also will appoint members to camp boards, the Opisto Scholarship Committee, the Humanitarian Aid Committee, and the Pension Fund Trustees for those positions whose terms expire in 2014.
• The LLC office, in cooperation with each congregation, is currently collecting updated contact information for the 2014 LLC Telephone and Address Directory to be published in June. Please check that your listing is current and submit updates to your congregation contact or to Helen Hillukka (email@example.com) no later than April 15 in your congregation or April 25 at the LLC office. Note that there are no plans to publish an eDirectory at this time.
• The 2014 camp season is beginning! Our facilities are reopening after a winter’s rest, camp staff is being recruited, event directors are preparing their agendas, and enrollments are coming in. If you haven’t yet done so, go to Camps at a Glance in your LLC Wall Calendar or to Quick Links on the LLC’s website to view the season’s camp schedules. Bear in mind that many volunteer workers are needed throughout the season. One area of particular need is Hasscib Lake Camp food service. To help fill kitchen work shifts, an online sign-up system has been developed for use as a pilot project this year. If you are interested in helping in the HLC kitchen, perhaps while your young are there attending camp, go to http://laestadianlutheran.org/cks and register for a work shift or two!
• The host area planning committees for 2014 LLC Summer Services are working hard as we count down the final weeks. An article with updated infor- mation appears in this issue of the Voice of Zion. Also monitor the LLC website for the most recent information. Note that meal tickets for the full meals may be ordered and purchased ahead of time through the LLC website. Envelopes for each ticket order will be ready for pick-up at the service site.
Thank you for remembering the LLC Board of Directors and staff. We wish you a Happy Easter!
April 2014 Voice of Zion