Updates on several LLC activities:
• Congregational singing during last year’s Winter Services was recorded, and selections have now been compiled into a new recording, “Come Before His Presence with Singing,” to be released at the 2014 LLC Phoenix Winter Services. Watch for this new publication in your home congregation or in LLC’s online store.
• As of this writing, we have still been unable to resolve several difficulties with our online subscription system for the Voice of Zion and Shepherd’s Voice periodicals. This has resulted in some automatic renewals being processed without the subscriber’s awareness, while other renewals have not been processed because subscribers have not been notified of the need to update their billing information. While we continue to troubleshoot these difficulties, we have suspended the automatic renewal process and sent out paper invoices for subscriptions currently or recently expiring. Payment instructions are on the invoice forms. Thank you for your patience!
• Last month we noted that the videos of the LLC presentations given at FinnFest USA 2013 are now available for viewing via the LLC’s website. This work was actually completed in mid-January. Background information concerning LLC’s participation and links to the presentations are shown on the page, “LLC at FinnFest USA 2013” under “Worship Services & Events.”
• The annual LLC Camp Staff Workshop will be held the evening of March 6 at the LLC office, with attendees from other localities joining by teleconference. This annual event initiates the camp planning process for camp directors and teachers as we approach the beginning of a new camp season. In addition to some helpful planning information, camp staff will remember this year’s camp work theme, drawn from the 2013 LLC Summer Services Youth Presentation, “My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord” (Prov. 3:11), by John Stewart.
• Online enrollments for attending 2014 LLC camp events are now being accepted, and online applications for working at camp are now being received. Once again, directors, teachers, and counselors will need to submit a Working at Camp application form. The 2014 camp schedule may be found in the LLC Wall Calendar, under Quick Links on the LLC website, and within the online Calendar of Events.
• Work on the Chorale Book is continuing. This book is a compilation of musical arrangements to accompany our hymnal, Songs & Hymns of Zion. Regular Skype meetings are held to review progress with the project staff, and musicians from various congregations are proofing and commenting on arrangements via a feedback website established for this purpose. The project committee is evaluating the possibility of sending updated interim books of arrangements to congregations in the near future.
• The speaking tour of Finnish pastor Keijo Nissilä takes place this month. Keijo, accompanied by his wife Säde-Pirkko, will visit 14 North American LLC congregations according to the schedule that appears in this Voice of Zion issue.
The LLC Board of Directors will hold its winter meeting during the time of Winter Services at the end of February. In addition to embarking on the plans for 2014, the Board and staff are now formulating preliminary plans and budgets for 2015. In doing so, we are mindful of the continued support we have received from LLC member congregations and from many living in areas without officially established congregations. Above all, we pray for God’s continued guidance and blessings!
February 2014 Voice of Zion: News & Notes